During this journey we will celebrate India's Festival of Lights: Diwali. This incredibly beautiful holiday honors the victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance and is associated with the goddess of prosperity, Lakshmi. Thousands upon thousands of lights illuminate homes and buildings, sweet treats are savored and there is much celebrating. It is an incredible time to be in India!
-All domestic travel, flights, buses, cars, rickshaws and boats are included beginning on Day 1 of the tour and ending on Day 12. Please provide tips as requested.
- Meals are not included. Please bring approximately $200 to 300 for food which should be more then enough.
-Ride to and from Delhi Airport is arranged but price of Airport taxi upon arrival and returning home is not included. Hotels and any other expenses upon arrival, before tour begins, or after it is over, are not included.
- Please bring money for shopping, meals, and temple fees (some temples require a modest fee for photography or entry while may are free of cost) and tipping hotel staff, etc.
- Participation in daily spiritual practices is mandatory. Students must have permission from teacher to miss a practice. If any student misses more then two practices, for any reason, he/she may be asked to leave the tour and will not receive any refund.
- All shared accommodations are with either twin beds or queen or king shared. Rooms will be assigned and may not be changed without facilitators permission,
- Modest dress and behavior is required by both men and women. No shorts, or ripped or tattered clothing. Women must cover shoulders and midriff at all times in public while on the tour. This is to show respect for Indian culture.
- Room arrangements can and will be changed at times. Please understand that room changes may need to be made for reasons that cannot be shared with the group.
-Private room requires an additional $600 paid in advance. Anyone deciding to switch to private accommodations at any point on the tour must pay an additional $600 in full prior to room changes. Understand rooms are booked months in advance and changes may not be possible.
This trip is FOR YOU if:
-you have (or want to have) an established spiritual practice and an interest in buddhism and hinduism
- you function well in groups and can also be independent
-you are interested in understanding and respecting Indian culture
-you understand that travelling in a 3rd world country requires some flexibility and willingness to "go with the flow"
This trip is NOT FOR YOU if:
-you do not have an interest in the journey as a means to grow spiritually
-you have a difficult time in groups
-you are expecting a 5 star hotel experience
-you have active substance abuse issues or cannot withstand avoiding intoxicants for the duration of the pilgrimage
- you are not sure you can commit to daily practices